What is Know Your Bible?
Know Your Bible (KYB) studies develop Christians in their knowledge of the Bible and in their own Christian journey. There are over 2300 women-only KYB groups throughout Australia.
KYB studies are designed to help women, through personal study and group sharing, to know God’s Word and its message for today.
The KYB method is designed so that members engage with the Bible passage four times each week:
- At home answering the daily questions
- In group discussion
- By the Leader’s summary after the discussion
- In the printed notes provided with each study
Some benefits of study with Know Your Bible are:
- A daily devotional pattern is established for each person and all are nurtured by God’s Word.
- Discussion Leaders are trained and equipped for further service for God.
- KYB Leaders are stimulated to study and become effective teachers of the Word.
The KYB method
Four KYB study books are produced each year, three with nine studies and one with five. The studies have daily Bible readings with questions to answer.
When the KYB group meets, the Leader introduces the study. The members then divide into discussion groups to share and discuss their answers to the questions. This is followed by the Leader giving a summary of the study. The members then read the review notes at home.
Starting a KYB group
Contact the CWCI Australia office. You will receive a KYB Application pack, with forms to complete and return. Once your application has been approved, your KYB Administrator will assist you in arranging your first meeting and ordering the study books.